HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABA!
when where how?
at 34 in1985
in Madurai at SatyaSai Nagar
a neighbour gave a pic of SAI to frame
till she got it back after framed
I kept the pic on our wall
we adorned it with a jasmine mala -
to our surprise, the flowers withered not
and grew and grew-what a miracle!'-mom
soon we were taken to Sai at Kodaikanal
He received a letter from me in which I wrote;
"You appeared earlier in my dream and promised
to help me realize myself-pl. endorse"-I was thrilled!
a few years pass away
I offered puja to Shirdi Sai
Satya sai walked across ignored me
with a smile -I understood-offered puja to Him-
He came the next day not to go away
I hold HIM tight till this minute-
He never gives me up nor forsakes!
Initially, I had less faith only-
I spoke to a few in anger
that I would ask Him about
my doubts, fears and questions-
the next day I was in His presence-
the moment He cast His glance on me
He came to stand in front of me to ask:
"Ask me all that you seek to know"
who would dare to ask HIM-
as HIs face shone in all radiance
with two sparkling eyes-I was stunned!
the space between two eyebrows
appeared as the third Eye of Siva too!
doubts persist despite beliefs
mortal mind lacks consistency-
"Prove me that You are God-
for You declare:"come, test and examine",
It happened to be Sankara Jayanthi in 1991-
at the White Field ashram, I sat like a statue
with chants of Gayatri from dawn to dusk-
I demanded proof -Sai must show His divinity-
(how dared to challenge! ignorance !)
Swami did appear -came straight to me-
O a loud explosion on my right chest
with ecstatic feels of joy indescribable!
I held my hand there when He looked at me
with great compassion-love-grace,
inwardly I felt SAI merge with beats of heart-
the Aham Spuraana-revealed His Goodhood!
Blessed I am to experience His true nature.
I was in a real crisis
the house I had built
became a problem-
I prayed to Swami -
"please appear in my dream"-
how He gave a great darshan
that night offering vibhuti
with precious stones!
earlier too I felt that He must
help me come out of it-
It was a Sunday-
a large gathering awaited
He came straight to me-
"Shall I dispose of the house
or retain it, my Lord?"I asked -
He did materialize the vibhuti
and poured profusely as I had
wished- I was moved to tears
a close relation fell ill
prayed to Sai to cure
non- stop till He came
in a dream -after puja
and Aarathi -I woke up-
informed my sick gentleman
who was free from illness soon
A younger brother fell off the terrace
got admitted in ICU-was serious then-
I travelled all night to see him-
thought of Swami all the time-
soon the bus had vibhuti smell
that indicated no extreme end-
those who were around him
least believed in what I said-
but despite amputation of legs
the patient continues to live till date!
another worse situation
I thought of Sai only
soon jasmine smell
spread the whole place
the worst no longer took place
I had to work on deputation
to work day and night
with the Government-
a Central team arrived
to inspect our progress-
the District Collector
was unusually tough-
I prayed Baba to help
conduct the proceedings
in a cordial manner-
soon the Collector's tone
changed -the Central team
was pleased by the progress
I thanked SAI-what a relief
He had effected!
The urge to see Him arose
the travel agency couldn't accommodate
Swami takes care I said
in a few minutes, I was given a seat-
someone had cancelled
spent some days at the Whitefield
in prayers and meditation
a thought that I must leave at once
started to bother me
on contacting my college
I came to know its reopening
I reached home in time
His guidance is a certainty
likewise, I heard Him tell me
"What would you do if I am gone?"
I ignored but the voice haunted me
"You are not in the body
just as we put up with Rama, Krishna
Ramana ,Kanchi Mahaswami's exits
we worship you in the formless state too"
I replied inwardly -soon He was hospitalised
-left for His heavenly aboard!
just as Shirdi Sai sent a messenger
with Udhi to an advanced pregnant lady
for safe delivery on a horse-drawn carriage
with a driver, my wife and I after Swami's darshan
at Puttaparthi missed the bus midway,
got consoled by Swami's boyhood days' friend-
at midnight a bus with only a driver and a conductor
took us to Bangalore -we were spell-bound
I was in Puttaparthi for a short stay -I prayed
to Swami to wake me up early next morning
to attend 'nagar sankeertan'-truly Baba -I felt
gave me a thudding touch -I woke up happily
attended the early morning bhajan happily-
on another occasion, I had a worse dream-
I chided Swami, " How can I have such a bad dream
while staying at Parthi?"-but I came to know
that jewels kept in a car were lost-but no harm
happened to my daughter-Swami saved her!
wherever I go whatever I do
I think of His form accompanying me-
many ills get averted
many good things occur
the best way to worship of Sai
is to see Him in all -serve all-love all-
help ever hurt never -I try still!
Continue worship any form
He listens to our prayers
rushes to help in an instant-
May Sai protect all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog